Ryan P. Nowlin
Ryan represents individuals in every phase of divorce and custody proceedings, and he appears in Domestic Relations and Juvenile courts throughout Northeast Ohio. Ryan’s experience with complex family law matters includes the valuation of assets, the determination of premarital/separate property, the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities, and the establishment of appropriate child and/or spousal support obligations. Ryan also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements, and he is trained in collaborative law.
Ryan is board certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in the practice of Family Relations Law, and he is a former Co-Chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Family Law Section. Ryan presents lectures on various family law topics to attorneys throughout Ohio, and he has published multiple articles regarding domestic relations matters in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal.
Ryan is a former member of Lakewood City Council, and he is a member of the Associate Board of Boys Hope Girls Hope. He resides in Lakewood with his wife and their five children.
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
B.A. in English Literature, Cum Laude
Loyola University Maryland
Awards & Accolades
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Family Law Specialist, 2016-Present
- Best Lawyers, 2018-Present
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2019-Present
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2011-2012, 2014-2018
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Vice President of Membership, 2017-2019
- Family Law Section, Co-Chair, 2016-2017, Member
- Bar Admissions Committee, Member, 2020-Present
- Bench-Bar Committee Co-Chair, 2019-2020
- American Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Center for Principled Family Advocacy, Member
- Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court, Associate Member
Cuyahoga, Lorain, Erie, Lake, Geauga, Summit, Stark, Portage, Ashtabula, & Medina Counties
Schneider Smeltz Spieth Bell LLP
1375 E. Ninth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
Becoming a Fellow
Interested in becoming a Fellow of the AAML? Click the button below to learn more about the qualifications for membership.Learn More
The Ohio Chapter of the AAML is comprised of some of the most distinguished family law attorneys throughout the state.Learn More
Looking for an Attorney?
Are you in need of a family law attorney? We have Fellows throughout the Northern, Central and Southern regions of Ohio.Learn More