Gerald Jay Babbitt
Gerald “Jay” Babbitt, the managing partner at Babbitt & Dahlberg, has spent the past 30 years as a Columbus divorce attorney, earning the respect and trust of his clients along with the central Ohio legal community. Known for his no-nonsense negotiating skills, anyone across the table from Jay knows he has zero tolerance for dishonesty.
As a certified OSBA Family Relations Law Specialist, he has a notable track record for securing favorable judgments for his clients both inside and outside the courtroom. Jay’s expertise encompass high income, complex property division, prenuptial agreements, spousal support, child support and child custody cases.
While a divorce lawyer by trade, Jay loves marriage and has been married to his wife, Jamie, for 30 years. Together they have four children and four very active grandchildren, all of whom live close to their home in Upper Arlington. Avid dog lovers, Jay and Jamie have two West Highland Terriers and are usually hosting at least two grand-dogs.
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
B.S., Cum Laude
Awards & Accolades
- Included in the 20th Edition of the Best Lawyers in America for the practice of family law.
- Ohio State Bar Association Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- Certified Arbitrator by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated℠ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Ohio Super Lawyers 2010-2014, 2016
- Top 50 Columbus Area Super Lawyers 2010-2016
- Included in U.S. News Best Law Firms, 2017
Professional Memberships & Associations
- Columbus Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Franklin County Court of Domestic Relations, Referee, 1983-1986
- Franklin County Juvenile Court, Referee, 1980-1983
- Franklin County Trial Lawyers Association, 1996-1997
Babbitt & Dahlberg, LLC
The Worly Building
503 South Front, Suite 200
Columbus, OH 43215
Becoming a Fellow
Interested in becoming a Fellow of the AAML? Click the button below to learn more about the qualifications for membership.Learn More
The Ohio Chapter of the AAML is comprised of some of the most distinguished family law attorneys throughout the state.Learn More
Looking for an Attorney?
Are you in need of a family law attorney? We have Fellows throughout the Northern, Central and Southern regions of Ohio.Learn More